Unless you’ve been living under a rock this past month, the Internet has been on fire since Open.ai launched ChatGPT. Everyone is talking about this AI conversational language model that has also been dubbed a ‘Google Killer’.
A growing number of small business owners are now turning to ChatGPT and artificial intelligence (AI) as a tool to improve their content creation processes. The use of AI for content creation is revolutionising small business digital marketing and distribution because they allow businesses to produce high-quality content quickly at a fraction of the cost.
This blog post will explain the basics of AI-powered content creation, the benefits of using ChatGPT for small business content creation, and guide small businesses on how to get stared. Whether you’re a small business owner, entrepreneur, marketer, or content creator, you’ll learn how AI can help you improve the quality and effectiveness of your content. In addition, you’ll gain a competitive advantage in today’s digital marketplace.
Understanding the Basics of AI-Powered Content Creation
AI-powered content creation refers to the use of artificial intelligence algorithms to generate written or spoken content, such as articles, social media posts, videos, emails and more.
These algorithms can be trained to understand specific topics and generate content that is coherent, grammatically correct, and aligned with a company’s brand voice. There are several different types of AI content creation tools available, including:
- Natural Language Generation (NLG) software: This type of software uses algorithms to automatically convert data into written or spoken language, such as product descriptions or financial reports.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) software: This type of software uses algorithms to understand and interpret human language, such as customer service chatbots.
- Video Creation software: This type of software uses AI algorithms to generate videos from a script or text, and may also include the ability to add music, images and animation.
- Content Optimisation software: This type of software uses AI to analyse and optimise existing content for specific keywords or other factors, such as SEO, readability and social media engagement.
Paid and Free AI tools for Content Creation
Some examples of paid and free AI tools for content creation currently on the market include:
- ChatGPT: A conversational language application
- Content at Scale: AI-powered article writing software
- Quill: NLG software for creating natural language narratives from data
- InVideo: AI-powered video creation software
- Frase: AI-powered content optimisation software
- Lex: A word processor with AI baked in, so you can write faster.
- Dall-e: An AI system that can create realistic images and art from a description in natural language.
- SurferSEO: research, write, optimise, and audit!
- OriginalityAI: A plagiarism and AI detector.
As AI technology continues to improve, we are seeing more and more companies in different industries adapt to the use of AI to create content. This makes it more accessible and easier to use. It is worth noting that while AI tools can help you generate content in large quantities, you should still edit it and check for facts, accuracy and readability.
Benefits of Using AI for Small Business Content Creation
SME’s can benefit greatly from using AI-powered content creation tools. Some of the key benefits include:
- Cost savings: By automating the content creation process, small businesses can save time and money by avoiding the need to hire expensive human writers.
- Increased efficiency: AI-powered content creation tools can generate high-quality content quickly and with little human input, allowing small businesses to produce more content in less time.
- Improved content marketing: AI-powered content creation tools can help small businesses create highly targeted, personalised content that is optimised for search engines and social media.
- Competitive advantage: By using AI-powered content creation tools, small businesses can stay ahead of the competition by producing high-quality content faster and more efficiently.
- Scalability: AI-powered content creation tools can help small businesses scale their content production efforts to meet the demands of a growing audience.
In addition, some of the best free AI content generator tools can also help local businesses generate creative ideas, anticipate customer needs, and create a more efficient content workflow. With the ability to analyse data and search patterns, AI algorithms can help you identify the most popular topics, hashtags and trending keywords. This will enable you to create content that is more likely to be read, shared and generate engagement.
Not only that but AI-powered content can help small businesses improve their SEO by generating high-quality content that aligns with the latest SEO best practices. With the use of NLP, AI tools can also help to optimise content for readability, making it easier for customers to understand and engage with the content.
How Small Businesses Can Get Started with AI-Powered Content Creation
Getting started with AI-powered content creation doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive, as I’ve mentioned, some of the AI tools are free. Here are a few steps small businesses can take to begin incorporating AI into their content creation efforts:
- Research available tools: There are many AI-powered content creation tools available, so it’s wise to do some research to find the one that best fits your needs and budget. At the time of writing ChatGPT is free while Content at Scale is a paid service. Consider factors such as the type of content you need to create, the level of customisation you require, the volume of content and your budget.
- Start small: Don’t try to implement AI across your entire content creation process all at once. Instead, start with a small pilot project, such as using an AI-powered tool to generate product descriptions, social media posts, or downloadable guides to get a feel for how the technology works and how well it performs.
- Training the AI: Make sure to give the AI tool the correct dataset and train it to understand your business, your audience and your brand’s tone of voice.
- Edit and Proofread the generated content: AI-generated content may contain errors and may not be accurate, therefore you should always edit and proofread the contents generated, making sure it aligns with your brand and makes sense to your audience.
- Monitor and analyse the results: Track the performance of your AI-generated content and use the insights gained to refine and optimise your content creation process over time.
- Seek expert guidance: If you are new to AI and not familiar with the technology, it is recommended to seek the help of experts who can guide you through the process and ensure that you are getting the most effective results possible.
By following these steps, small businesses can begin to integrate AI into their content creation efforts in a manageable, cost-effective way, and start to see the benefits of increased efficiency, improved content quality and an overall competitive advantage.
Google’s AI Content Policy
However, it’s imperative to remember that while AI tools for content creation can be powerful allies, they should not replace human creativity and review. AI-generated content may require editing and proofreading, and the AI tool should be trained with the correct data set to generate content that aligns with your brand’s tone and message.
Google’s policy on AI content is that it considers content automatically generated with AI writing tools as spam, according to the search engine’s webmaster guidelines. This has been confirmed by John Mueller, Google’s Search Advocate. Google’s policies apply to content surfaced anywhere within Google Search, including web results.
It is important to note that Google will penalise AI content if the content simply copies and pastes non-sensical AI written content that adds no value to the user. It is the responsibility of the content creator to edit the content and ensure that the tone, facts, and grammar are correct before posting to a blog or website.
The provided sources also confirm that Google considers AI generated content as spam. Those who implement it without editing and ensuring that it provides value to the user may be penalised. However, as long as the AI-generated content is edited, fact-checked and ensures a correct tone and grammar, it should not be a problem to publish it on your website. So proceed with caution. Only time will tell what Google will do with AI content on their search engine.
AI tools for small businesses is becoming increasingly critical to improve their content marketing efforts. By automating the content creation process, small businesses can save time and money, create more targeted and personalised content, and stay competitive in today’s digital marketplace.
In this blog post, we explain ChatGPT for beginners, the basics of AI-powered content creation, the benefits of using AI for small business content creation, and guide small businesses on how to get started with AI content creation tools.
We’ve seen how AI can help SME’s generate high-quality content quickly, optimise it for SEO and social media engagement, and generate original ideas.
Overall, small businesses that are willing to explore the use of ChatGPT and other AI in their content creation efforts will find that it can be a valuable asset in driving their digital marketing strategy forward. It is a smart investment, which can help them to stay ahead of the competition and generate higher ROI.
Resources and Additional Reading
For small business owners interested in learning more about AI tools for content creation, here are some additional resources and reading:
- “ChatGPT Content Creation Revolution” by Perry Stevens (Udemy Course)
- “A Beginner’s Guide to ChatGPT and GPT-3: Discover the power of ChatGPT and GPT-3 for your business and personal projects” by Hal Chung.
- “THE CHAT GPT DEBATE: The future of Affiliate Marketing and Content Creation” by Ruth Edwards
- “The AI Content Explosion: How Artificial Intelligence Will Create Books, Images, Videos, and Music” by Hugh Line
- “10 Examples + Tips to use ChatGPT for Microsoft Excel” by AI Guidebooks
Yes, the first resource is a course I made for Udemy. We were blown away by ChatGPT so much I decided to make a short online course so you too can take advantage of this new technology. Check it out here:
These resources will provide you with more information on the topic and provide additional insights into how Chat GPT and AI can help improve your content creation and marketing efforts. In addition, they will help you understand its current limitations. Additionally, it is a smart idea to stay informed about advancements in AI and its applications in the field of content creation, marketing and on Google. Technology is evolving rapidly as and we need to stay abreast of developments.
ChatGPT and Other AI Tools for Content Creation [SME Special]
As an affiliate, we may earn from purchases through affiliate links on our site. Our reviews, guides and recommendations are not influenced by these partnerships.
There is also a link to my ChatGPT Udemy course. Forgive me, that’s a shameless promotion!