Last Updated on
- Listen to the questions people ask your sales team and provide answers in a blog post. Here are two examples of blogs that take this approach. These two posts are the most successful blogs for both of these companies simply because they provide honest, helpful insight into commonly asked questions.
1. Pay attention to the news in your industry to identify trends or challenges. Write blog posts that offer solutions to what others deem a challenge.
2. Poll your customers or clients and ask them what they would like you to cover. This is a great way to be authentic in the information you include in your posts and improve your position as a thought leader to your customer base.
1. Stop focusing on your main keyword and everything technical that comes with it – e.g. keyword density. Just like PageRank, it’s no longer relevant today. As Hummingbird is essentially a “conversational search engine”, you should focus on long tail keywords.
2. Focus on your audience: Write on what many people in your industry want to know about.
3. Blog like a real blogger: In my opinion, a blog post – including one in a business blog – should be conversational and semi-formal on certain extent. This will help your posts to “align” with the Hummingbird engine.
—– x —–
For commercial success:
1. Intriguing headline which doesn’t give too much away.
2. Short article length which gets to the point quickly
3. Obvious and enticing links to other relevant articles at the end/during the article the reader is currently on
However, at Springwise we also pay heed to these guidelines:
1. Objectivity and integrity
2. Conveying maximum information in a short article while maintaining a sense of style (easier said than done)
3. Being selective an only publishing the best material, rather than blitzing a huge wealth of content.
Chris Kreinezes is the Managing Director of Springwise, a London-based independent innovation firm, that scans the globe for the most promising new business ideas.
—– x —–
I would like to thank all who contributed to this article with their invaluable professional insights. [email protected]
How to Blog for Business Success with Hummingbird